The Mountbatten Learning System (MBLS) has been designed for children who need braille. It is a fun and inclusive introduction to braille literacy and provides a solid foundation for a life-time of learning. It is suitable for the very first stages of Braille instruction through to high school and beyond.
- Electronic Braille writer/ Embosser
- Correcting and Erasing, Variety of paper types can be used
- Ergonomically designed keyboard
- Page formatting
- Writing to memory
- Graphics mode
- One-handed mode.
- Translation from Braille to print
- translation from print to Braille
- Braille Exception Tables.
- Digitised speech
- Assignable function keys
- Synthetic speech
- Note-taker (including editing), file transfer to and from PC.
Links music and Braille by using three available music Braille modes
- Simple ‘fun’ mode giving play opportunities with peers and siblings
- 'Play' mode for brailling music notes and listening
- Braille music 'editor' mode for more advanced musicians
- Countdown timer
- Date and time
Mimic text display, PC keyboard, headphones, text printer, PC connectivity, network facility and USB.
Portable, battery and Mains, memory size (kilobytes), 400, Memory size (Braille pages) 600.
Standard photocopy paper recommended ( 80 gsm or 20 lbs), can also emboss regular braille paper.
Available in foreign languages and braille codes.